Lists around Catenda are sorted after the unicode values.
To find out what letters have which unicode values see this Wikipedia article.
For a quick overview of unicode characters see below:
1. Space ( )
Space is often not allowed as a first character but can be used in the models and documents section.
Although space ensures this will 100% always be the first in the list it is not recommended as a space in front of a word can look confusing to users.
2. ASCII Punctuation & Symbols
! is the second unicode character and is the best choice if you want to make sure your list item appears first in the list.
3. ASCII Digits
Numbers are sorted alphanumerically.
This means that the order can look weird if you have numbers of different length in a list:
To combat this add a 0 in front of numbers that are not very long.
This will ensure your numbers end up in the correct order.
4. ASCII Punctuation & Symbols
5. LETTERS - CAPITAL - HALF WIDTH
6. ASCII Punctuation & Symbols
7. letters - lowercase - half width
8. ASCII Punctuation & Symbols
9. European Latin - Capital then lower (ÅÆØß)(âäåæçèéø)
10. Non-European & historic Latin - Capital then lower (Greek, Russian, Arabic, Thai)
11. CJK Symbols and Punctuation (「」)
12. ひらがな (Hiragana)
13. カタカナ (Katakana - full width)
14. Katakana symbols (・)
16. Hangul Jamo and Compatibility Jamo
18. Enclosed CJK Letters and Months
19. Alchemical symbols
20. Kanji (漢字)
21. Symbols (／)
25. ｶﾀｶﾅ - (Katakana - Half width)
Lists that use this sorting
Documents table sort order